Imperial Palaces and Gardens - Walking on the paths of Empress “Sissi”
10 days / 9 nights
Arrival in Vienna. Pick up at Vienna airport followed by a panorama city tour that will
give you an overall impression of the most significant historical sights of Vienna. Along
the Ringstrasse you will see the State Opera House, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Natural
History Museum, the Hofburg (the former Habsburg winter residence), the Parliament,
the City Hall and the Burgtheater. Welcome dinner and overnight in Vienna.
After breakfast you will visit Schönbrunn Palace. Admire the impressive showrooms,
once the summer residence of the Habsburg family and home of Maria Theresia. Afterwards
you will see the the park and gardens at Schönbrunn Palace, which are placed
together with the palace on the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites. The excursion
ends with a guided walking tour through the historical city center. Remainder of the
afternoon is free. In the evening you will enjoy folklore music, traditional food and wine
at one of the cosy wine taverns in the surroundings. Overnight in Vienna.
The Belvedere’s garden is one of Europe’s most significant historical gardens in
French style and, even in its pared down form today, is still a fine example of late
Baroque garden design. In the afternoon we are heading to Klosterneuburg Abbey.
Enjoy a visit of “The Gardens of the Centuries”, including gardens in medieval, Renaissance
and Baroque design, English gardens and modern parks, were adapted to
the respective architectural environment. Finally experience a winery tour that leads
visitors on an atmospheric exploration of the baroque cellar complex and elucidates
the 900-year history of wine production in Klosterneuburg. Enjoy a wine tasting
combined with local snacks in the monastery wine estate. OR Coach journey to Melk
Abbey, one of the foremost baroque ensembles in the World. Visit also includes the
abbey park which does not only reflect its 250-year-long history, but also attests to
Man’s and Nature’s power of creation. Enjoy lunch in Melk. Early afternoon we travel
by boat through the scenic Wachau Valley from Krems to Dürnstein. Return to the
hotel by coach. Overnight in Vienna.
Morning journey to Tulln and visit of the Garten Tulln, a flagship project unique in Europe.
The strictly ecological care of the plant is meanwhile exemplary for many other,
similar garden shows at home and abroad. On the entire area, the gardeners strictly
adhere to the criteria set by the state initiative "Nature in the garden": renouncement
of pesticides, abandonment of synthetic chemical fertilizers and abandonment of
peat. Overnight in Salzburg.
Morning guided city tour of Salzburg including the Salzburg Cathedral, Mozarts Residence.
We also visit the famous Mirabell Gardens, Leopoldskron and Hellbrun Palace.
Remainder of the day is free. Experience an extraordinary evening and dinner by candlelight
at the Stiftskeller St.Peter restaurant, listen to the music of Wolfgang Amadeus
Mozart, performed by the Amadeus Consort Ensemble. Overnight in Salzburg.
Free day to explore the city at your own – including a ride on the Festungsbahn funicular
up to Hohensalzburg Fortress. OR Half day excursion to the Lake district area:
The route takes you to Lake Fuschl and St. Gilgen where you board a boat that takes
you across Lake Wolfgangsee. Visit of the pilgrimage church. Afterwards you can
enjoy coffee and cake in the world famous “Weisses Rössl” or in another traditional
café. The route back takes you past Lake Mondsee. Overnight in Salzburg.
Departure to South Tyrol/Italy. Stop in Innsbruck and guided city tour including visit of
the Imperial Palace and Gardens. Free time. Drive further to Merano best known for
its spa resorts. Dinner and overnight in Merano.
Breakfast. Depart for the northern coast of Lake Garda, the largest and most spectacular lake in Italy. The surrounding villages are typical of the area: narrow lanes,
charming terraces and old ports. Stop in Riva del Garda, a small historic town at
the north-western corner of the lake. Return to your hotel. Dinner and overnight in
Morning is free. Afternoon visit of the Gardens of Trauttmansdorff Castle. An extraordinary
blend of botanical garden and recreational facility turns a visit into an adventure.
The gardens are full of intriguing details, works of art and attractions. A number
of colorful experience stations are distributed throughout the gardens, making Trauttmansdorff.
Dinner and overnight in Merano.
Departure after breakfast.
Our prices include:
- Deluxe motor coach throughout as per itinerary
- English speaking tour escort throughout
- Welcome drink during the arrival transfer
- Accommodation at 4★sup or 5★ hotel in double/twin room
- 3 nights in Vienna (2 with Bed & Breakfast, 1 with Half board)
- 3 nights in Salzburg (Bed & Breakfast)
- 3 nights with half board in Merano
- Choice to have Halfboard - dinner either in the hotel or in a fine local restaurant
- 1 dinner including wine and folklore music at traditional wine tavern around Vienna
- 1 dinner at Stiftskeller St.Peter including Mozart concert
- Coffee/Tea and beverages included with dinner
- Guided visits: Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck
- Excursion to Lake Garda
- Admission to the following sights:
- Schönbrunn Palace, park and gardens
- Belvedere Gardens
- Monastery Gardens Klosterneuburg Abbey park and gardens, Wine cellar of Klosterneuburg abbey including wine tasting and local snacks OR
- Visit of Melk Abbey and Park, Lunch and Danube Cruise Melk-Dürnstein
- Guided tour of the Garten Tulln
- Mirabell Gardens, Leopoldskron and Hellbrunn Palace.
- Ride on the Festungsbahn and Coffee & Cake in a traditional Café OR
- Half Day excursion Lake District area including boat trip St. Gilgen – St. Wolf gang
- Imperial Palace and Gardens Innsbruck
- Trautmansdorff Castle
- Personal radio headsets
- Porterage at airport and hotels in / out
- All taxes and charges
Travel Europe Stans / Travel Europe Vienna
Our local teams in Austria are looking forward to welcoming you and taking care of your clients on spot.
Travel Europe Stans
Tel: + 43 5242 6900
Fax: + 43 5242 6900 5000