Arrival at Ljubljana/Slovenia airport. Meeting with driver and tour escort and transfer
to your Hotel in Maribor (or surrounding). Dinner at local restaurant. Overnight in
Morning City tour of Maribor. Afterwards short drive to Ptuji, the oldest town in Slovenija
nestled between gentle wine-growing hills and the river Drava. Short city walk
including visit of the historic castle. Afterwards visit of the Ptuji Wine cellar one of the
oldest cellars in Slovenia. Learn about the local wines like the “Haloze sauvignon”,
sipon or Laski Riesling. Overnight in Maribor.
Full day excursion to the wine fields of Jeruzalem. Visit of a pumpkin oil mill, visitors
can taste various oils and also learn how the oil is produced and how the specialties
are prepared. Lunch in a typical local restaurant. Afternoon visit of the vineyard Malek,
located between Svetinje and Jeruzalem in the middle of the most beautiful vineyard
terraces. The more than 350-year old building used to be a majestic edifice, where
grapes were pressed into wine. Taste excellent wines, visit the small museum about
winemaking and wonderful old cellar. Dinner and overnight in Maribor.
Morning departure to Graz/Austria. On our way we will visit the “Weingut Tement”
located in Berghausen right after the border between Slovenia and Austria. Tasting of
wines and local specialties. Drive further to Graz/Styria, check in at hotel. Dinner at
local restaurant. Overinght in Graz.
On our city tour you will see the famous “Uhrturm” clock tower in the historic old town.
The Glockenspiel, the Graz opera and the municipal parish church of Graz. After lunch
(on your own) you will experience another highlight of our tour – the Federal Stud Piber
in Koeflach, which lies 45 km west of Graz, looks back at 400 years of tradition. It
is the home of the world-famous white stallions which perform at the Spanish Riding
School in Vienna. Dinner and overnight in Graz.
Picturesque trip to the Lake Neusiedl at the border to Hungary and visit of the “Opitz
winery”. Lunch and wine tasting. Drive further to Vienna. Overnight in Vienna.
Half day city tour including a walking tour through the old part of the city. This tour
will give you an overall impression of the most significant historical sights of Vienna.
Along the Ringstrasse we show you numerous grand buildings, such as the State
Opera House, the magnificent Museum of Fine Arts, the Natural History Museum, the
Hofburg (the former Habsburg winter residence), the Parliament, the City Hall and
the Burgtheater. Remainder of the day is free. In the evening you will enjoy folklore
music, traditional food and wine at one of the cosy wine taverns in the surrounding of
Vienna. Overnight in Vienna.
Transfer to Vienna airport.
Our prices include:
- Deluxe motor coach throughout as per itinerary
- English speaking tour escort throughout
- Accommodation in 4★ hotels in double/twin room
- 3 nights Maribor (2 with bed & breakfast, 1 with half board)
- 2 nights in Graz ( 1 with bed & breakfast, 1 with half board)
- 2 nights with bed & breakfast in Vienna
- 3 dinners (Maribor - local restaurant, Graz - local restaurant, Heuriger with music wine ¼ lt. and dinner)
- 2 lunches (Jeruzalem area, Oppitz winery Neusiedl)
- Vineyard visits and tastings: Ptuij Wine cellar, Jeruzalem wine fields and pumpkin oil mill, Malek vineyards, Weingut Tement Berhausen, Opitz winery
- Guided visits: Maribor, Graz, Vienna
- Admission to the following sights
- Historic Castle Ptuij
- Federal Stud Piber
- Porterage at hotels in / out
- All taxes and charges